Valentine's Day 2011 Valentine's Day 2011

Could be better

Graphically and feature wise I didn't find this game lacking, however there are two little details that more or less ruined it for me

First of all the worst problem (which mind you is present in every game with the fishy mechanics I ever played) was the fact that there is absolutely no significant visual distinction between the hearts you can eat and the hearts that will eat you which frustrated me beyond any form of written expression.

Second, the characters that pop out obstruct your field of view in a way that is perfectly unnoticeable 90% of the time, but then they come out exactly when you are in that corner and it's pretty much hard to see what you're doing, you should either move them in a place where they won't overlap or make them smaller (preferably both)

Otherwise a fun/addictive game, but it could be better

Delightful Kaleidoscope Delightful Kaleidoscope

Very nice

I like this thing a lot, but what it needs is some user interaction.

For some reason I thought this was going to have buttons for me to press to play with it, maybe an auto button so that it rotates continuously as it does now.

Other suggestions: Add color, I remember when I was young used to play with these and the thing I liked most about them was the pretty colors.

Also add more kaleidoscope models to chose from (if possible).

drawing line drawing line

This is nice

But you should raise the fps on the animation.

Ninja Dog Ninja Dog

Frustrating

I liked the concept of the game and it kept me hooked for quite some time, but I always ended up being frustrated at the blocking sequences at the beginning of the level, it's like having to pick a number when there's no one in line.

Try to somehow make the introduction less blocking, make the tutorial a small popup that's there in case you need it and let the user skip the introductory cutscene.

Just my $0.02

USOs USOs

Meh

It's an ok game, you could improve the quality of the images a bit and decrease the time it takes to actually start the game.
Also the game seems to freeze when I mash the space button

LaserJolt - Sudden Attack LaserJolt - Sudden Attack

Good concept

Ok you started out well, game concept is good, now take it to the next level.
To me this looks like the survival mode of a great game with story, characters, upgrades, achievements etc.

Anyway keep up the good work.

aashwin responds:

Will do :D in the new sequel

Face In The Mirror (Mastered) Face In The Mirror (Mastered)

Live or Mastered, make up your mind

This sounded more like a live version of your song. I read your comments that it was recorded in the studio, but it was all live, but that's the whole point of a studio, to make your recordings a bit better than the live version.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's ok what you did there, but I'm guessing you payed some money to record a song that would've basically sounded the same if you recorded it back in your home garage.

As for the song, solos are nice, overall good job,could use some improving on the vocals though.

ElBonzi responds:

Thanks - We actually won a contest and had 5 hours total to record / mix / master. We ended up paying 50 in total for extra hours to master and just did everything in two takes.

+{ Solemnity }+ +{ Solemnity }+

Simple

I'm the kind of guy that appreciates simple things, so I enjoyed this song a lot.
I liked the backing synths and the piano sound was also very nice and soothing.
You could add some drums to make it sound better, but overall good effort, keep up the good work.

Also could you tell me what you used to get that piano sound ?

Lightside [Box-Killa] Lightside [Box-Killa]

Nice

It's a nice tune, kind of repetitive, but it's worth a lot more than 1.73

The only thing that's out of place with it is that it's waaay too repetitive, but it sounds like a great backing track, so you could probably improve it by adding some vocals or by adding a greater diversity to the piano part.

Box-Killa responds:

Yeah it is repeditivae. Actually i only just realised now how repeditive it actually is. I'm not usually the repeditive type so I guess this was a one off. Thanks for the advice and review :D Peaecout :D

Waterfall Waterfall

Bravo

Again, nice style, it looks wonderful and artsy.
Unfortunately there are some flaws with this, rocks by the waterfall, as far as I know are always round, or mostly curved, because they have been eroded by water during lots of years, so the first thing that pops up are the straight lines on the waterfall rocks to the left.

Also another thing that looks wrong in my opinion is that waterfalls make foam when they reach a horizontal surface, so if you decide to make something similar, you could make some foam where the water halts so to speak.

And one last thing, that glassy screen really puts me off for some reason, I would either eliminate it, or put it on the entire screen.

Anyway overall this is a great piece of art, hope to see more.

InsertFunnyUserName responds:

Thanks and thanks for the detailed review :3

That's a good point about the rocks.

Look Away Look Away

Good job

First of all I'd like to say nice work, you stile is very nice, but the person's face ends a bit too abruptly and if you ask me the ear should be a bit more to the back and somewhat higher than it is right now.

Otherwise great piece of art, I love the shading, specially the way you combined the red influences with the rest of the lighting, good job

InsertFunnyUserName responds: